2 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

This could be the most likely cover
for the book.
I Guess I Have Heard About It, How Bad Can It Be? (First Impressions)


I didn't have the chance to take an objective look at the book, because I have already heard so much about it. The reason is that it has been read by tenth graders for years, at least since I started this school. As I remember, almost everyone around me had been complaining about the book. I guess I used to hang around with the pessimistic ones. Anyway, I took the book and put it into my school bag to read it at semester. There was the cover, kind of meaningless, but it made sense as I read the back cover. To tell the truth,  as I saw the translated words at the end of the first page, I thought that was the reason why we got it as a semester homework. No one knows...
"Holes" by Louis Sachar is about an innocent boy Stanley, who is sent to Camp Green Lake for a crime he did not commit because he is always in the wrong place at the wrong time. The mission is to dig a hole everyday and the expected improvement is to learn a lesson [p.111] and get a strong character, if you believe...
The first thing I liked is the language. It is so easy to read and find out the meaning of the unknown words, because you don't need a dictionary, the book already has it inside. Although it took just a couple of hours to finish the book, I have added some good words to my vocabulary.
This book made me feel exactly how a good book has to make anyone feel: You take a seat and a deep breath, the time and the pages pass by...

(282 Words)

2 yorum: