6 Şubat 2012 Pazartesi

IT REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING... (Personal Connection)
Tuz Gölü, which is located in the middle of Turkey, Anatolia, is similar to Camp Green Lake. I can hear you asking "How"? 
Tuz Gölü, which means Salt Lake when translated to English, makes you feel as if you are standing in the middle of the eternity, especially if you catch the sunset. Run as much as you can, you know there is no way out. Doesn't it sound like Camp Green Lake? 
""You want to run away?" Mr. Sir asked him. Stanley looked back at him, unsure what he meant. 
"If you want to run away, go ahead, start running. I'm not going to stop you." ... 
"I'm not going to run away," Stanley said. 
"Good thinking," said Mr. Sir. "Nobody runs away from here.""(p.16-17)

As we got dizzy because of taking so many photographs, we turned around and couldn't see the others. Even for that split-second that we thought we might have lost everyone, it felt awful. That's the reason why we started running to catch the others in a panicked way. If that can make us so scared, how would it feel like, if we were left with some strangers in the middle of a desert? You, the holes and drought... They are lost then anyone ever can be.
It occurred to me, how some people almost at the same age with me suffer while I am enjoying my life and complaining even about some unnecessary stuff.


(284 Words)

4 yorum:

  1. When everyone understands what you mean by the last sentence, the world will be a better place...

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I agree with you, I also thought about Tuz Gölü while reading about Camp Green Lake. :)

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I was trying to say I feel sorry for the young people who are suffering because I am enjoying life and I don't have such big problems :) Thanks Melis :)

    YanıtlaSil
  4. Lara,
    wow, Salt Lake illustrates Camp Green Lake as I have imagined. Your entry indicates their relation precisely and I have also noticed a hole at left bottom of the picture :D . Only two shovels lack there at your photo ;) .

    YanıtlaSil